Hi, Hope you all doing great.!! Got little late in sharing my new post. Today I will be sharing a recipe of dish which I cooked on Saturday. As it was a weekend I didn’t wanted to cook much for lunch and even my grocery shopping was pending, so didn’t had much vegetables and other stuff in my pantry so with the limited stuff I had in pantry, I prepared this dish which was easy and quick to make. I had this dish in restaurants many times and like ordering this dish as it has lot of flavors to satisfy one’s palate. My husband who doesn’t like paneer much (I can’t resist paneer)… 😉 he too found it tasty and enjoyed his weekend lunch. This recipes has simple ingredients like Paneer, Bell Peppers, onion and tomatoes.
I guess paneer is the one milk product which is loved by everyone and it has a spicy and tangy curry which makes this irresistible.
You can serve Paneer Jalfrezi with Naan, Roti, Chapati or Paranthas.
So, here are the ingredients and method to cook this recipe..
- 250 grams of paneer, cut into 2 inch by 1/2 inch long pieces
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2-3 green chillies, slit adjust as per taste)
- 1 green Capsicum/Pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp sugar(optional)
- 1/2 lime juice extracted
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp dried fenugreek/ methi leaves
- 1 tbsp jeera/cumin seeds
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When cumin starts to sizzle and turn brown, add sliced onion and saute for 2-3 minutes
- Next add ginger-garlic paste and green chillies and fry for 2 minutes on medium flame until the raw smell disappears.
- Mix in turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and crushed kasuri methi and give it a quick stir.
- Add tomato puree , tomato ketchup, sugar, salt and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on medium flame, stirring in between.
- Add bell peppers and cook for 2-4 minutes. Add paneer pieces and tomato slices and gently stir them so that each paneer piece is nicely coated with the masala. Cook for 2- 3 minutes.
- Turnoff the gas and add garam masala, finely chopped coriander leaves and fresh lime juice and mix them well.
- Let it rest covered for 5-10 minutes for the flavors to blend well. Serve this delicious Paneer Jalfrezi with Naan, Roti, Chapati or Paranthas and enjoy.
Do try out this recipe and share your experiences.