Kadhai Paneer is a mixture of Paneer(Indian CottageCheese) with mixed bell peppers and mixtures of spices. The main ingredients or spices in this curry which makes it so flavorful is roasted and freshly grounded coriander seeds and red chilliies. It is good dish to prepare when you have guests coming over. You can have it with some naans, roti or any kind of flat bread.
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Masala Dosa with Sambhar and coconut coriander chutney
Dosas you all must have tried these yummy, crispy and flavorful dish. I so like dosas that I can have them for breakfast, lunch or dinner seriously. I often make them at home as it simple (once you get the trick of making these crispy dosas I am sure you gonna make them almost everyday…:-D.
Pav (Dinner rolls)
What can be more good than homemade bread. 🙂 Pav are very popular in Maharashtra. It is very soft bread which is served with many dishes like pav bhaji, dabeli, Missal pao and they are really easy to make.! My family enjoys the most these pav with Pav bhaji a blend of vegetables. I will share the recipe with you guys, so do try them out.
- Milk – 100ml
- Yeast – 1 Tsp
- Sugar – ½ Tbsp
- Maida / Plain Flour – 125g / 1 Cup
- Salt – ½ Tsp
- Milk Powder – 1 Tbsp / 9gms
- Butter – 10 gms / 2 tsps
- Milk & Butter – For Brushing
- To the warm milk, add the sugar and the yeast. Stir and keep aside to proof for 10 mins.
- In your working platform place the flour, salt and the milk powder. Mix and make a well in center.
- Add the proofed yeast mixture, which would have been frothy so far. Get your hands in and form this into a soft-pasty kind of dough. If the mixture does not turn out to be soft and sticky consistency, add more milk to it and make it sticky and soft.
- Add in the butter and start kneading it. Knead this by pushing the dough with heel of your palm.. This is going to be very sticky and kind of paste like, but this is how it is supposed to be. Just keep kneading and scraping once in a while for 15 minutes.
- After about 15 mins of kneading, this will come together and would be more like a dough than a sticky pasty mass.
- Place this into a bowl with a lil bit of oil, coat the dough and the bowl with the oil, cover with a damp cloth and let it proof for 1 hour or until doubled in a warm spot.
- Once doubled in volume, punch and take the dough out, sprinkle a bit of flour and knead for a minute.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. My dough weighed 245 grams. And I portioned about 40gms each.
- Smooth-en out each portion by rolling them between your palm and fingers. Place the shaped portions in a 6″ square cake tin. You can make in a round one as well.
- Cover the cake tin with a cloth and let the pavs proof for another hour or until well risen.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Now bake them in a preheated oven for 12- 15 minutes, check after 12 minutes if lightly brown than broil it for few seconds monitoring closely.
- Take them out once they’re baked well.. Brush the tops with butter. Now take a damp cloth and cover the tin for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Using a knife, loosen the sides and carefully take the pavs out..
- Fresh homemade Pavs are ready to enjoy..!!
Do try it out guys and share your experience.!
Garlic and Herbs Infused Focaccia breadwith Cherry Tomatoes, Jalapeno and red bell pepper
Focaccia is a flat oven baked Italian bread and it’s texture is similar to Pizza. You can have it s a side dish with any soup or as a sand-which bread.
I wan to have a pizza as I write about this fabulous focaccia bread. I’ve been making this bread from a long time but nowadays kinda so occupied with my 1 year old that I hardly get time to bake or cook something special. So, the other day my husband wanted to eat some soup and bread for dinner. So first thing thing came to my mind was to bake some good focaccia bread.
Taco Tuesday..!! Who doesn’t like tacos it is a simple and wholesome meal and easy to whip up for quick dinners. In my family everyone loves taco and me too. I like it on those days when you don’t have time for prepare a full and yeah it is nutritious and healthy too..!! Here i have made vegetarian refried bean taco, you can use any filling . of your choice be it cauliflower, meat anything you can make changes according to your taste. I have used store bought flour tortillas you can change them as per your preference or you can make tortillas at home.
Here are the list of ingredients and method of preparing tacos
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1 cup refried beans (store bought) *
- 1/2 cup chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato and onion
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 1/2 cup cheese
- 2-3 tablespoon sour cream
- Heat the tortillas on a griddle on both sides for 2-3 minutes
- spread the refried beans mixture on the tortilla
- Now put some salsa over the refried beans
- Now add tomatoes , jalapeno and onion
- Now add lettuce
- Next add cheese and
- Top it up with sour cream and just relish the goodness of yummy and healthy tacos.
- I have store bought refried beans (vegetarian). If you guys want i can even share the recipe of refried beans.
Roasted tomato and red bell pepper soup
Heya!! Everyone hope you all had a wonderful weekend… I am posting after such a long gap was traveling than with my 1 year it has become so hectic, he needs mamma’s full attention..:-D so after so long I am sharing a simple and comfort food recipe that you all can in no time…for the first time I had this soup somewhere out not sure about the place though and I really liked it as it is different than regular creamy tomato soup. I also tried this recipe and here it is. I really liked the flavor of red bell pepper. Guys do try this recipe out for your family and please share your experience.
Mix Veg Masala (Assorted vegetable) in flavorful gravy
Assorted vegetables with a delicious gravy is delicious and rich curry to serve with chapati, parantha or Naan or with any type of Indian flat bread of your choice. Mix vegetable is a curry which has a very thick gravy. You can use vegetable as per your choice. In this recipe of Mix veg Masala I have used carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, red and green bell peppers and few cubes of paneer.
Idli with Sambhar and podi masala
Idli or Idly is a rice cake prepared in steam which is originating from the southern part of India. It is a popular breakfast recipe which is served with spicy and tangy lentil known as Sambhar and coconut chutney and with the roasted ground masala.
Idlis are soft and fluffy steamed rice cake which are made from fermented batter of lentil ( Dal) and rice.
In my family everyone is fond of idlis they can have it breakfast, lunch or dinner. They are so light, healthy and a wholesome meal and I love making them.
You can even prepare different recipes using leftover idlis like fried idli, idli chilli. ( If you guys want I will share the recipe)..😊
Paneer(Indian Cottage cheese) in thicker, spicier onion tomato gravy. It is very popular vegetarian dish from Indian cuisine. The gravy of this recipe is different from the gravies which you generally eat with Paneer. I like to to eat Paneer Masala when I bored of eating the same old Paneer gravies like Paneer Butter Masala, Kadhai paneer etc. . This recipe is packed with flavors. I generally cook this Paneer Masala whenever I am in a hurry because it is so easy to prepare and with few ingredients on hand. You can serve it with any Indian bread or even steamed rice, it is definitely going to satisfy your tastebuds like never before.
You guys must try this recipe. If you bored of eating Paneer in same gravies.!!
So let’s me share the list of ingredients and steps for this recipe.