What can be good than a homemade bread..Yes you heard it right wholewheat homemade bread. I tried so many recipes of whole wheat bread but somehow the texture was dense and we didn’t liked that much. After trying so many recipes of wholewheat bread by far this was the one we liked. This bread was light, has a very nice flavor. It is good for making sandwiches, toasts whichever way you like..! So without much delay let me share the recipe with you guys. Will experiments some more bread recipes and will share with you guys..
Pav (Dinner rolls)
What can be more good than homemade bread. 🙂 Pav are very popular in Maharashtra. It is very soft bread which is served with many dishes like pav bhaji, dabeli, Missal pao and they are really easy to make.! My family enjoys the most these pav with Pav bhaji a blend of vegetables. I will share the recipe with you guys, so do try them out.
- Milk – 100ml
- Yeast – 1 Tsp
- Sugar – ½ Tbsp
- Maida / Plain Flour – 125g / 1 Cup
- Salt – ½ Tsp
- Milk Powder – 1 Tbsp / 9gms
- Butter – 10 gms / 2 tsps
- Milk & Butter – For Brushing
- To the warm milk, add the sugar and the yeast. Stir and keep aside to proof for 10 mins.
- In your working platform place the flour, salt and the milk powder. Mix and make a well in center.
- Add the proofed yeast mixture, which would have been frothy so far. Get your hands in and form this into a soft-pasty kind of dough. If the mixture does not turn out to be soft and sticky consistency, add more milk to it and make it sticky and soft.
- Add in the butter and start kneading it. Knead this by pushing the dough with heel of your palm.. This is going to be very sticky and kind of paste like, but this is how it is supposed to be. Just keep kneading and scraping once in a while for 15 minutes.
- After about 15 mins of kneading, this will come together and would be more like a dough than a sticky pasty mass.
- Place this into a bowl with a lil bit of oil, coat the dough and the bowl with the oil, cover with a damp cloth and let it proof for 1 hour or until doubled in a warm spot.
- Once doubled in volume, punch and take the dough out, sprinkle a bit of flour and knead for a minute.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. My dough weighed 245 grams. And I portioned about 40gms each.
- Smooth-en out each portion by rolling them between your palm and fingers. Place the shaped portions in a 6″ square cake tin. You can make in a round one as well.
- Cover the cake tin with a cloth and let the pavs proof for another hour or until well risen.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Now bake them in a preheated oven for 12- 15 minutes, check after 12 minutes if lightly brown than broil it for few seconds monitoring closely.
- Take them out once they’re baked well.. Brush the tops with butter. Now take a damp cloth and cover the tin for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Using a knife, loosen the sides and carefully take the pavs out..
- Fresh homemade Pavs are ready to enjoy..!!
Do try it out guys and share your experience.!
Garlic and Herbs Infused Focaccia breadwith Cherry Tomatoes, Jalapeno and red bell pepper
Focaccia is a flat oven baked Italian bread and it’s texture is similar to Pizza. You can have it s a side dish with any soup or as a sand-which bread.
I wan to have a pizza as I write about this fabulous focaccia bread. I’ve been making this bread from a long time but nowadays kinda so occupied with my 1 year old that I hardly get time to bake or cook something special. So, the other day my husband wanted to eat some soup and bread for dinner. So first thing thing came to my mind was to bake some good focaccia bread.
Choco Lava Cake
Choco lava cake the name itself sounds so tempting and delectable. A gooey chocolate lava oozes out of the cake is just mind blowing.
I surprised my parents with this chocolate lava cake and they really liked it.
It’s a easy recipe with simple ingredients.
Don’t wait for any occasion to bake this cake just bake it and surprise your guests or your loved one with this amazing chocolate lava cake. I m sure they will love it.
Chocolate Truffle Cake
My husband is a huge fan of chocolate, especially chocolate cake. He always wants little piece of chocolate after his meal which is pretty much always. he is more of a dark chocolate fan rather than milk or semi sweet chocolate.
So it was our anniversary and wanted to bake a cake for him. I baked Chocolate truffle cake for him which he loves and can have it anytime.
Let me tell me you though, this Chocolate Truffle Cake will satisfy any chocolate lovers craving. This cake is so dense and so moist, and the frosting is heaven.
Nankhatai (Indian Shortbread Cookies)
Nankhatai is an Indian shortbread flavored with cardamom and vanilla will just melt away in your mouth. Nankhatai are very popular during the festive season. It is a popular Indian biscuit (cookie) which is made in ghee (clarified butter) flavored with cardamom and it is eggless. Everyone has their own way of baking Nankhatai. Some people uses all purpose flour, some uses whole wheat flour with a combination of chickpea flour (besan) and semolina ( soji).
I have used combination of All purpose flour, Chickpea flour and semolina. Baking nankhatai is easy to make at home with minimal ingredients. Adding semolina to this recipe makes it crispier and gives it a nice texture.
This recipe requires a generous amount of clarified butter(ghee) because that is the only ingredient which helps in turning them so delicious that it just melts into your mouth.
Here is the list of ingredients and steps to prepare Nankhatai
It’s almost holiday time!! That means it’s cookie and some baking time! Baking smell coming from neighborhood makes me do more of baking. 🙂
I have baked many cookies but never Biscotti before but have eaten it at coffee shops or else have bought from store. So this time thought to bake some Biscotti’s this Holiday season. I have tried this recipe of Biscotti for the first time and it turned out really nice. I have used almonds in this recipe, you can use cranberry, chocolate, dried fruits according to your choice and give it different variations. You can even dipped these Biscotti’s in melted chocolate.
Basically Biscotti is a traditional Italian cookie where the dough is formed into a shape of a log, baked twice, first into a shape of a log, cooled slightly and baked again in slices. Biscotti has a crunchy texture and its preferred to have it with coffee.
You can store them in a air tight container for several weeks.
Try this recipe of Biscotti which I will be sharing with you all and trust me you will fall in love with these yummy, tempting Biscotti’s.
No Bake Chocolate Cake
Hi!! I m soo excited to share with you all the recipe which I have tried for the first time and it was a hit in my party.
I organised my anniversary party dinner for my friends and I planned to make all the things by myself from starters to dessert. I had something else in my mind beforehand but at the last moment that particular dessert was not coming out perfectly, the way I wanted. So at the last moment this dessert recipe came to my mind which was so delicious.
I saw this dessert in some magazine a while ago and I remembered the recipe so tried to make it at last moment when I couldn’t think of anything else which was easy to make and tastes good too. So I made this recipe which I will be sharing with you all. You all must try this recipe and share your experiences with me.
Chocolate Cake Recipe
My husband’s favorite cake is a chocolate cake and being its our first anniversary today, it seems only right to make him chocolate cake from scratch.
This is an easy chocolate cake to make and homemade frosting and cake combo is the best. The cake has a fantastic texture and not overly sweet. The frosting of the cake is so smooth, creamy you won’t stop yourself licking your fingers while cooking!!!
This homemade chocolate cake recipe is easy to make and it is a special treat for your loved one’s for special occasion.
So let’s indulge ourselves into this homemade chocolate cake.
Cranberry and Orange Shortbread Cookies
Hope everyone had a wonderful beginning of New Year 2017. Yesterday I baked some cookies which was due from very long. Cranberry and Orange Shortbread cookies. Shortbread cookies are easy and tastes great because they require just a handful of ingredients.
They are light and the orange zest provides a refreshing zing that is perfect counterpart to the tart cranberries. It’s a lovely combination. Best part about these cookies is that you can do the preparation whenever you have time and do the baking later.
These shortbread cookies tastes so amazing and I can’t stop eating them. You can eat these cookies with coffee, tea , glass of milk or with no accompanying beverage. 🙂 And trust me these shortbread cookies will become your new favorite.
So quickly lets start with the recipe and ingredients