As I am on a spree to stay healthy and eat healthy, I came across this sweet bell peppers filled with beans and brown rice at a restaurant. They were so pretty, colorful, yummy, filling and healthy. After eating the bell peppers at the restaurant, I thought to try the recipe by changing the ingredients of the stuffing.
Stuffed bell peppers are easy to make. You can prepare the stuffing using ingredients of your choice. In this post, I will be sharing the recipe of stuffed bell pepper which I tried at home. It is a brilliant starter dish or a side side for a main course.
Here are the details of the recipe:-
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time 30 minutes
- Serves : 2
- 2 large red, orange, green or yellow peppers, cut the top and scoop the seeds
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato (deseed) , chopped
- 1/2 betroot grated
- 1/2 carrot grated
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp grated garlic
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flaxes or chilli powder
- 50 gms crumbled paneer
- Preheat the oven to 190 C/ 375 F
- Place the peppers onto a baking tray, put little oil on the peppers and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until softened. Once the peppers are cooked, remove them from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp oil in a pan. Add chopped onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add grated betroot and carrot and cook for 5-6 minutes or until softened.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, and chilli powder or flakes and mixed herbs and simmer 7-8 minutes , or until the tomatoes have softened.
- Add the crumbled paneer and mix well an simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Fill the peppers with the paneer mixture and and keep the peppers in the oven and broil them for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish them with some crumbled Parmesan cheese and Peppers are ready to serve.
I hope you will enjoy this recipe. If you try any different ingredients for this recipe, I’d love to hear from you so please let me know in the comment section below ! 🙂